O’Week – What We’re Most Looking Forward To
O’Week 2016 is going to be HUGE. Now that the Hub is open and the demolition zones have lifted, there is greater opportunity to do cool stuff.
Here’s what we’re most excited for:
1. O’Fiesta was the obvious winner around the FUSA office. We’re pumped for the Triple J line-up of artists, three outdoor bars, cheap tickets and chillout zone (with a hydration station, Giant Jenga, and free donuts and pancakes). How great does that sound? Friday 7pm-12am, The Plaza.
2. We’re also pretty excited for the Fashion Parade, showing creations by TAFE and Flinders University fashion students. Professional models will be strutting their stuff to tunes provided by a Fresh FM DJ and vocalist. Monday 1-1:30pm, Main Stage.
3. For mature students, the Mature Age Hangout will be a great way to meet people at uni. There will be coffee and nibbles for a relaxed networking session. Tuesday 11am, Student Kitchen (Hub).
4. With the brand new HD screen in the plaza and grassy seating, of course we’re looking forward to the Outdoor Cinema. Space Jam will be playing on the night, with a free candy bar and a chance to win free tickets to Palace Nova. Tuesday 5:30pm, Plaza.
5. Finally, we can’t wait for you to see all the freebies in store! Expect to see free fairy fairy floss, doughnuts, Zooper Doopers, barbecue lunches, henna tattoos, photo booth, caricaturist and balloon artist. FUSA will also be handing out show bags packed with goodies like fortune cookies, frisbees and playing cards. Monday-Thursday, Plaza.