Spotlight on Student Council: PRASHANTH (PRASH) MAGANDRAM

Prash Magandram

Meet your FUSA International Officer, Prash Magandram!

What are you studying and what year are you in?

Masters of Teaching English as a Second Language and in my final year. Fingers crossed!

Is there a personal quote or philosophy that you live by? 

“If you think you’re too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito” – Dalai Lama

What do you want to achieve this year?

• I would like to see more international students get involved in the Australian culture and expand their knowledge about this beautiful country in all the ways possible. One way of doing that is starting up an e-newsletter with the purpose to let the students know who to seek advice from, essential information regarding university and social activities/event they can get involved it.
  • Advertise more events of cultural associations and clubs
  • Personally, hope to make the Multicultural Festival for 2016 as brilliant as last year with the help of everyone. Also get my head around making collective Facebook page more active. PLUG! FUSA International Students Collective. Spread the love people.

What makes you happy?

Knowing Arsenal (soccer team in England) has won a match. Lately it’s been giving me high blood pressure. Also, Adelaide Hills greenery in the mornings doesn’t disappoint that’s for sure. Saw a mob of kangaroos on Friday in the wild!

If you were an ambassador for a charity, which one would it be and why?

The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees because I believe everyone deserves the right to safety, education and human rights . If not, maybe something regarding conservation or Asthma Foundation SA.

Tell us about what you’re organising or contributing to right now?

At this moment, I’m setting up meetings with cultural associations and societies from Flinders University. I’m also entering data from O’Week regarding students interested in join the international student sub-committee. Also organising the meet and greet session with the international students on Thursday (7th April) 1pm at Oasis with free Krispy Crème doughnuts.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Being fully qualified as a teacher and being involved in the TESOL/ESOL field. Plus being involved in the environmental/agricultural field either as a volunteer or having a certain role within that.

What are you recommending to friends at the moment?

Miike Snow – ‘Genghis Khan’. It’s kind of catchy, don’t you think?

The Hateful Eight was a good movie. Good casting!

Who inspires you? 

I admire David Attenborough. Wish I could have at least half of his knowledge about this beautiful planet.

No Comments

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.