Nominations are now open for students for the below position to hold office from 10 July to 30 November 2018.
POSITION OPEN FOR NOMINATION
This position will be filled by an appointment process overseen by Student Council.
HOW TO NOMINATE:
A nomination form and instructions on how to nominate can be found here: Nomination Form Doc
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE:
Student Council is the governing body of the Flinders University Student Association (FUSA).
The functions and purpose of FUSA are to:
- promote and advance the rights, interests and welfare of students;
- represent students within and outside the University;
- co-ordinate and support activities for students, including the provision of support for affiliated clubs;
- provide the means for effective communication between students, the Association and the University;
- oversee the delivery of student services, which are funded from the Student Services and Amenities Fee and are the responsibility of the Manager, Student Engagement; and
- deliver other services, amenities and programs for students funded from the membership fee and other income received by the Association.
As a Student Council representative, you will have the opportunity to represent all students at the highest levels of the University to ensure that the student voice is heard when it comes to academic and campus life.
Hours per week: 3 hours (approximate)
Honorarium: $3,000 pa (pro rata)
The Welfare Officer shall:
- liaise and network with State and National welfare and community sector groups and peak bodies;
- chair the External and Regional sub-committee, which shall seek to provide representation of and support for external and regional students and provide advice to the Student Council on the needs of external and regional students;
- chair the Welfare Collective, which shall provide advice to Student Council, through the Welfare Officer, regarding student welfare at Flinders University;
- be responsible for the coordination and implementation of the Student Council’s welfare campaigns, as directed by the Student Council and
- provide the Student Council with a written report of his/her activities as Welfare Officer at each meeting of the Student Council.
Download Nomination Form
Student Council Vacancy by Appointment Timeline
Postgraduate Students Officer
Nominations Open 9:00am June 12, 2018
Nominations Close 4:30pm June 19, 2018
An appointment process overseen by the Student Council will be conducted to fill the position of Welfare Officer. Once nominations close candidates will be shortlisted by the Casual Vacancy Selection Panel and a decision on the successful candidate will be made by all Student Council members at the Council meeting on July 9, 2018. All candidates will be notified of the final appointment as soon as possible after the Student Council meet.
Copies of the Flinders University Student Association Constitution and Election Regulations are available from the Student Association (Level 1 Student Hub, Central Campus) or at www.fusa.edu.au/constitution-regulations/