Pool Funding Application DeadlinePlease submit your Round 1 2019 application by the 8am 6th February 2019
This purpose of this application is for affiliated clubs of the Flinders University Student Association to request additional funding for events, activities, equipment and resources (collectively referred to in this application as "Projects"). Please note that only clubs, societies & associations who are currently approved for Financial Affiliation with FUSA should apply.
Each application may only request funding for a single purpose or activity. For example expenses relating to a 'Student Ball' event must be listed in a separate application to expenses relating to a series of weekly ‘Movie Night’ events. For another example (for equipment and resources), expenses relating to the purchase of gardening supplies must be listed in a separate application to expenses relating to cooking utensils.
Before submitting this application, please ensure that:
TIPS FOR YOUR POOL FUNDING APPLICATION
Treat your Pool Funding application like a business proposal. The Review Panel will look for proposals with the best ‘return on investment’; specifically, the amount of funding requested, compared to the amount of student engagement/benefit that the project will provide. For events, higher amounts of requested funding should correspond to higher levels of student engagement in order to remain competitive.
For equipment and resources, higher costs should see higher levels of use/access. Often the Panel may opt to approve funding for expensive equipment used infrequently by the club, on the condition that it remain in FUSA’s possession as bookable equipment for shared club use.
Start preparing your application early A good proposal will show a high level of consideration, planning and research. Applications with little forethought or planning are very obvious to the Review Panel, and usually indicates that the project is unimportant to the club and/or does not require the funding it has requested in order to fund the project. Ensure your project is financially sustainable To ensure Pool Funding can benefit more applications, the Panel prioritises projects that are financially sustainable, or offer long-lasting benefit/engagement. If the Panel believes that your event or activity will run at a loss and will likely require ongoing access to Pool Funding, your requested funding may be heavily reduced, or the application may be rejected outright. Applications requesting equipment should show that the equipment will be used frequently and/or will provide long-lasting use to the club.
Consider other sources of funding/revenue If your project runs at a loss that would require future access to Pool Funding, specify how other sources of funding will keep the project sustainable (e.g: fundraising, ticket sales/cover charges, sponsorship, etc.). If other sources of funding would not maintain the project, consider how costs associated with the project can be reduced to keep the project financially sustainable.
Apply for new projects (not ongoing expenses) The club’s regular, ongoing expenses should be paid via the club’s annual General Funding. Expenses for the clubs’ regular activities, annual subscriptions or administrative costs will not typically approved for additional Pool Funding. The objective of the Pool Funding program is to provide new opportunities to engage and benefit the Flinders and/or club community.
Misleading or false applications will negatively affect the club’s access to Pool Funding in future Typical examples can include applications that falsely claim higher levels of student engagement, or have exaggerated costs. As records are maintained of club Pool Funding applications and use of approved funding, misleading applications may negatively impact the club’s future applications to Pool Funding; or may even result in the club being barred entirely from accessing Pool Funding in future.
Provide as much detail as required The Panel can only assess your application based on the information you provide. Read through your proposal before submitting the application: would the average person have enough information to know what your project is about, and what the expenses are for? Due to the large number of applications, the Panel cannot follow up applicants for additional information or clarification. Consequently, it is your responsibility to ensure that your application has as much detail as required for the Panel to make an informed decision. If an application is rejected, the applicant will not have the opportunity to resubmit an application until the next available round.
Don’t be afraid to ask for advice If you have any queries regarding the application process, email the Clubs & Events Officer via email@example.com well in advance of the submission deadline. As the Pool Funding program is already a lengthy process it is not possible to submit drafts for review, however for general queries and advice, the Clubs & Events Officer is happy to help.
As an elected representative of the aforementioned club you declare the following:
1) You have read and agreed to the Flinders University Student Association Club and Societies Regulations and the conditions outlined within this form.
2) This funding will not be used to support a political party or the election of a person or a member of the legislature of the Commonwealth, State or Territory Parliament or a local government body, including but not limited to the provision of financial assistance, organising volunteer labour, paying membership and affiliation fees and giving gifts or gifts-in-kind.
3) You understand that no amount of club grant money may be used on alcohol, tobacco products or illegal products and services.
4) You understand that no amount of club grant money may be used to secure a profit for any member of the Club/Society.
5) You understand that any breach of these rules, your club’s constitution, or the FUSA Constitution or Regulations may result in the club being disaffiliated and/or legal action being taken against the club executive.
6) You understand that this is an application only, and that access to Pool Funding is not guaranteed. You understand that expenditure prior to approval of this funding is at the club's risk, and FUSA will not be compelled to reimburse unapproved expenses.
7) You understand that the club may be referred for formal sanction if the application is found to be intentionally misleading.
8) You understand that use of pool funding in a manner other than approved by the Review Panel will be subject to repayment of unapproved funding to the Flinders University Student Association, and that the club may be referred for formal sanction.
9) You understand that the decisions of the Panel are final and may not be appealed.
10) You understand that if funding is not spent via the date of completion marked within this form, the Flinders University Student Association reserves the right to withdraw this funding.
11) All statements made within the submission are known to you to be true in every particular.
Don't have an account? Register