FUSA’s Program Coordinator, Clubs & Student Communities (herein referred to as the ‘Clubs Coordinator’) manages the Clubs, Collectives & Associations program at a strategic level to increase student engagement and resources within Flinders’ clubs, collectives & associations. The Clubs Coordinator is also involved with the management of several events under FUSA’s events program. If you have a query regarding your club and you’re unsure who to speak to, the Clubs Coordinator is happy to help (or at least point you in the right direction).
The Clubs Coordinator can provide advice across a wide variety of topics relating to clubs, including (but not limited to):
- Affiliation and Re-Affiliation
- Budgeting and Financial Management
- Club Governance and Management
- Constitution Drafting and Revision
- Event Design and Management
- Financial Reporting
- Flinders University Policies and By-Laws
- FUSA Regulations and Guidelines
- General Meetings
- Handover to New Club Executives
- Health and Safety Requirements
- Incorporation of Clubs
- Marketing and Promotional Opportunities
- Public Liability Insurance
- Regulatory Compliance
- Setting Up & Managing Club Bank Accounts
- Succession Planning
- Volunteer Coordination and Management
- Use of Flinders University Resources and Services
The Clubs Coordinator works to empower students to run their own events and activities by providing access to resources, funding and services for clubs to access. Please note that the Clubs Coordinator is unable to assist with the direct running or management of your club’s events and activities (such as setting up, packing down, delivering equipment or supervising activities). As FUSA respects the diversity and views of all of its affiliated clubs, please also note that the Clubs Coordinator is not obligated to act as a representative to further your club’s individual aims and objectives.
The current Clubs Coordinator is David Hopkins. The best method of contact for the Clubs Coordinator is email via firstname.lastname@example.org, however, appointments can also be made with the FUSA Front Desk or by calling 8201 2371. Meetings with the Clubs Coordinator are available via prior arrangement only.
For queries regarding outstanding applications (such as grant applications, locker applications, etc.), please contact the FUSA Administration Team in the first instance, as they facilitate these requests.