Clubs & Events Officer
FUSA’s Clubs & Events Officer (herein referred to as the ‘Clubs Officer’) manages the Clubs & Associations program at a strategic level to increase student engagement, resources and student engagement within Flinders’ clubs & associations. The Clubs & Events Officer is also involved with the management of several events under FUSA’s events program. If you have a query regarding your club and you’re unsure who to speak to, the Clubs & Events Officer is happy to help (or at least point you in the right direction).
The Clubs Officer can provide advice across a wide variety of topics relating to clubs, including (but not limited to):
- Affiliation & Re-Affiliation
- Budgeting and Financial Management
- Club Governance & Management
- Constitution drafting and revision
- Event design & management
- Financial reporting
- Flinders University policies & by-laws
- FUSA regulations & guidelines
- General Meetings
- Handover to new club executives
- Health & Safety requirements
- Incorporation of clubs
- Marketing and promotional opportunities
- Public Liability Insurance
- Regulatory compliance
- Setting up & managing club bank accounts
- Succession planning
- Volunteer coordination & management
- Writing business, grant and sponsorship proposals
- Use of Flinders University resources and services
The Clubs Officer works to empower students to run their own events and activities by providing access to resources, funding and services for clubs to access. Please note that the Clubs Officer is unable to assist with the direct running or management of your club’s events and activities (such as setting up, packing down, delivering equipment or supervising activities). As FUSA respects the diversity and views of all of its affiliated clubs, please also note that the Clubs Officer is not obligated to act as a representative to further your club’s individual aims and objectives.
The current Clubs Officer is Adam Rau, who has over 15 years’ of experience working with both unincorporated and incorporated clubs and associations. The best method of contact for the Clubs Officer is email via email@example.com, however appointments can also be made with the FUSA Front Desk or by calling 8201 2371. Meetings with the Clubs & Events Officer are available via prior arrangement only.
For queries regarding outstanding applications (such as grant applications, locker applications, etc.), please contact the FUSA Administration Team in the first instance, as they facilitate these requests.