Drafting your Constitution
Clubs should refer to Section 11 (Required Provisions of Club Constitutions) under the FUSA Club Regulations regarding drafting their constitution. The current regulations can be accessed via Manage Your Club.
Typically, Club Constitutions are required to contain:
- The official name of the club
- The aims an objectives of the club
- A provision for holding an Annual General Meeting of the membership at least once per year (although may optionally require more than one scheduled General Meeting per year)
- A provision for calling other General Meetings of the membership. This must contain a provision for 10 members (or less) to call a General Meeting of the club.
- A provision for amending the constitution (typically via vote of the membership in a General Meeting)
- A provision for expulsion of members (consistent with the FUSA Club Regulations)
- A provision that the club remains Not For Profit
- A provision that all FUSA funded/provided equipment, assets and funding be returned to the Flinders University Student Association.