Drafting your Constitution
Clubs should refer to Section 11 (Required Provisions of Club Constitutions) under the FUSA Clubs & Associations Regulations regarding drafting their constitution. The current regulations can be accessed via Manage Your Club.
Typically, Constitutions for FUSA affiliates are required to contain:
- The official name of the club
- The aims an objectives of the club
- A provision for holding an Annual General Meeting of the membership at least once per year (although may optionally require more than one scheduled General Meeting per year)
- A provision for calling other General Meetings of the membership. This must contain a provision that allows a proportion of the club’s membership to call a General Meeting of the club if the Executive is absent or refuses to hold a General Meeting.
- A provision for amending the constitution in General Meeting
- A provision for expulsion of members (consistent with the FUSA’s Regulations)
- A provision that the club remains Not For Profit
- A provision for winding up the club/association, including that all FUSA funded/provided equipment, assets and funding be returned to the Flinders University Student Association.
A template for Constitutions is available via Manage Your Club. It is strongly recommended that this template to form the basis of your constitution.